Sunday, January 3, 2016

14 - ERC DAY 1

"A good speech is like a pencil, it has to have a point." - Anonymous


On the 1st day of ERC Day (don't sing this isn't a jingle bell, Christmas is over so stop).. there was a high school inter class public speaking that was held in our APC Auditorium wherein high school students from different schools competed. They shared a speech in where it has to be related with the theme "Time is gold." A lot of these students had an emotional speech that includes their past experiences. But just like the saying above this paragraph.. A good speech is like a pencil, for the reason that is has to have a point. Only a few of them had these remarkable speech, for if your speech has a good point it will be remarkable for the judges as well as the audiences. 


As for me, being one of the audiences listening to their heartfelt speeches, not a single speech had an impact on me. It was like a mainstream speech. This is only my opinion. Good thing I was not one of the judges. It must be hard to choose the winner. I can't be a judge for I am not a judgmental person. Okay, so that was supposed to be a joke. And it doesn't even makes sense. Going back, no one really had a great speech. In fact, I can't even remember a single speech. I'm not an enthusiast on this matter but I guess a good speech is one with an impact and it must be remarkable for the judges as well as the audiences. It could be your nickname if it really made a great impact to someone. 

























No comments:

Post a Comment