Thursday, November 26, 2015

9 - Middle Child Syndrome

Middle Child's Day is August 12 according to what I have read in the internet. I know I can't support this idea, but.. hey! At least, we, middle children have our national day to celebrate. 

To begin with, I have sited sources about this "Middle Child Syndrome" According to Elizabeth Danish on Middle Child Syndrome, Retrieved from: http://www.healthguidance.org/entry/15912/1/Middle-Child-Syndrome.html
     Whether you have a middle child, are a middle child, or know a middle child, everyone seems to understand that when it comes to placement in a family that's the worst place to be. People have so many reasons for believing this, some think that the middle child simple gets forgotten for no reason, other believe that the eldest is the leader and the youngest is the baby, but the middle child has no real place. Other still believe that parents love the eldest child because he was the first, and the youngest because he is the last, but that the middle child has no real place.  
     How much of this is true? Possibly none of it and possibly all of it, it could just be an idea that has continued to spread over time, and whenever a middle child happens to feel left out, they determine that it must be because of their birth placement. It could also be very real which would mean that something needs to be done to solve the problem. The question of whether this middle child syndrome is real or not is very debatable

I, as the middle child, for me, I never felt being neglected or forgotten. I believe I have a real place, and that is why there are rules in our home and it is because of me. Our eldest brother was the one who always makes the rules, I, as the middle child, I am the reason why there are rules and for our youngest sibling, he was the one who breaks the rules.

Life is unfair? Nah.. life is fair because it is unfair to everybody. I don't look at the negative side, I always look at the positive side. In fact, I have read some articles that states that, us, middle children tend to be more successful than our eldest or younger siblings. 

We, middle children, are a skillful negotiators and peacemakers, we more likely want to take risks and be creative, we are less likely to buckle under pressure, some say, that we are a proven entrepreneurs, we make great relationship partners, and of course we are as smart as our siblings, but sometimes, no, most of the times, we are better off their way. And for that, I am sure and it is proven and tested. 

  


No comments:

Post a Comment